The "Gig Economy" is a nebulous term whose definition many experts have yet to fully agree on. We are still navigating how broad the term is for this documentary ourselves! For now, here's what we are looking for:
- Online platform workers (Uber/Lyft drivers, Instacart workers, Taskrabbit, Fivver, etc)
- Professionals whose industry utilizes a "gig work" model (many construction workers, writers, designers, marketers, data analysts, consultants, film industry professionals, etc)
- Some single owner "small businesses" whose work scope is smaller and client direct ("self-employed" hair stylists, house cleaners, "handymen", etc)
- Individuals who are working multiple part time jobs to make ends meet (even if some of those jobs may not normally be considered "gig economy" jobs, such as working multiple jobs at different fast food restaurants)
If you're unsure, just shoot us an email!
We get it! There's a reason we prefer to stay behind the camera, too. If you're on the fence, here's a few things that might make you feel better.
- You don't need to share your real name, your specific employer's name, or any other identifying information unless you are fully comfortable with doing so. Honestly, even if you do, it likely won't make the edit.
- No one is expecting a TED talk - that's not the best way to tell your story authentically anyways! If you're on the nervous side, just take your time following our question guide, don't worry about pauses or moments of silence in your video. None of that will make the edit, and it's better for you to pause as needed to gather your thoughts. Feel empowered to be yourself.
The link will take you to a form that give us permission to use your interview in the doc
and will then take you to an upload page after it is signed.